Important updates from Ferguson, Tuesday afternoon. August 19th.
IMPORTANT FERGUSON UPDATE - WATCH THIS VIDEO BEFORE YOUTUBE TAKES IT DOWN
CNN REPORTER Fredricka Whitfield interviews the Store Owner’s Lawyer (from the store that was “”“”“”“robbed”“”“”“”“”“”” by “”“”“”“”“”mike brown”“”“”“”“”“)
As the lawyer begins to explain what really happened, cnn “”“”“loses the feed”“”“”“
B Y E. E E E E E E E E E E E
Bruh CNN is on some bullshit. That has never happened before and they the way they “lost” the feed was so fabricated.
Shout out to the man in the editing room. He deserves a promotion.
it is important to understand that
- some people take longer to process these events (longer to realize this is truly happening in real time, in reality, and not in their minds)
- some people (especially if they are developmentally disabled) can have a complete and total SHUTDOWN from so much information flooding at them at once, especially if it is close to home (when one of my high school teachers was arrested on charges of sexual abuse at his previous school, I had to shut out ALL information from the outside world for months in order to keep functioning and living, which was incredibly difficult as he was a family friend. I tried as hard as I could to continue my life, but too much frequent information BROKE ME entirely, to the point where I could not even get out of bed, as it was too triggering and personal and overwhelming)
- when people talk about mental health and ferguson, it is not just “but it will make me sad and I don’t want to deal with that!” As mentioned in point 2, some of us (especially autistic people, and other developmentally and intellectually disabled people) need to be able to step back for a while to continue to cope with life as such horrific events unfold. it can be too much for those of use who deal with sensory overload and other similar overestimation.
- Which is NOT to say stop blogging about it. It is only to say that the discussion of “whether or not it’s okay to step away from the topic for mental health conerns" has been dominated by depression and anxiety, and thus opponents have only been giving their rebuttals in THAT context.
- developmental and intellectual disabilities do not excuse a person from caring about ferguson. not in the slightest. HOWEVER, the affects of tragic news on us has been blatantly ignored when it comes to mental health and blogging.
- please, continue to tag ferguson posts for all disabled people regardless of their “level” of disability, and please remember that mental health concerns expand beyond “it can make people nervous and sad”.
- just. please. let people be warned.
Racial bias in America: from higher suspension rates in preschool, to disproportionate rates of capital punishment, to everything in between, structures of authority routinely allow anti-Black racial bias to color the “facts”, and warp the narrative. And frequently (whether unintentional or otherwise) the police and the media often work together to further criminalize innocent Black victims
1. Criminalizing Blackness in America
2. 14-year-old Tremaine McMillian attacked and choked by police, literally while holding a puppy…because McMillian made them “feel threatened” and gave them “dehumanizing stares”
3. Author and CNN contributor keithboykin: how the AP slandered Renisha McBride even in death
4. The Associated Press: when can skin color alone determine who is and who isn’t a looter? (hint: don’t be Black)
This implicit racial bias does not magically stop at innocuous events like the VMAs, or in Hollywood. So far, it doesn’t ever turn off. There are two Americas and racial bias is as ubiquitous as the air we breathe
People who don’t like Emma Woodhouse as a character because: she’s too rich for anything to really go that wrong in her life, and she’s an insufferable know-it-all, and she meddles in the love-lives of her friends because ‘she knows best’?
Idk man, that’s pretty much Mr Darcy though. And he’s on merchandise tote bags. People seem to like him just fine.
Names for the puppy? Female, half lab, probably part pointer, mostly black.
…so has anyone else noticed that a lot of the white liberal outrage surrounding ferguson seems to stem not from human rights being violated, but the fact that they’re being violated in america
and if anything they seem more mad that reporters are being arrested
I’ve barely seen any outrage from them about the people being reported on but
just another flower growing in a concrete jungle.
Things I will forever be upset about:
1. I don’t know what my Patronus is
2. I don’t know what Amortentia smells like to me
3. I don’t know what I’d see in the Mirror of Erised
4. I don’t know what my Boggart would be
5. I don’t know for sure what house I would be in
6. I don’t know the specifications of my wand are.
once you start to notice these little turns of phrase you literally can’t unsee them
'protests turn violent'
'clashes with police'
'violence breaks out'
'rocked by blasts', when referring to gaza bombing
all the nice vague statements that carefully avoid mentioning an actor, because it sounds worse if you do. this violence just spontaneously started happening, it’s crazy!!!!
i’m really tired of it
loaded language and media bias
ferguson rly teaches a lesson in the lengths police will go to protect each other and white supremacy. they’d rather do all this than arrest one man.
because he is a cop, and he’s white.
they ‘have each other’s backs’ so doggedly and determinedly that they would sacrifice a town of black people for one white cop
Goodwin being asked to help Beka’s sisters with the wedding dress.
Goodwin embroidering a length of ribbon to trim the bodice
Flowers, for new life, for a prosperous home, for luck.
It’s not until she’s finished the pattern twice over that she realizes she’s been stitching very familiar flowers.
is this for real? even with sources I’m at a disbelief.
they’re arresting people for trying to get home after being teargassed and targeted by flash grenades but the man who literally murdered an unarmed teenager was allowed to LEAVE THE STATE before his name was released to the public.
HE LEFT THE STATE??????? IS THIS A FUCKING JOKE????????
Only white press members allowed to move freely
okay but when you have holocaust survivors and people who were activists during the civil rights movement supporting mike brown and then KKK members and neo nazi’s supporting the officer you should be able to figure out which side is the right one.