Hello! Truth be told I have no idea how you ended up here, but welcome. I only have the one blog, which means it gets filled up with a lot of unrelated things. There will be numerous fandoms, posts about privilege and oppression, and lots and lots of pretty pictures. Frequently school gets in the way and this Tumblr goes dormant, and then break comes along and I queue up a flood of posts, so don't follow if you like your dash to be somewhat regular. I'm working on plans for a hobbit hole mansion that me and my friends will live in. If you have ever thought about your own dream-home, then pretty please will you tell me about it? I don't put up pictures or much biographical information about myself, but you can call me Sakura Nicole. Despite my name I am white, and I’m sorry if I ever misled anybody on that account, it would have been completely unintentional. Oh, and even though this blog may not always be active, I will always answer my asks, so that's open if you ever need to talk to someone or rant. P.S. I do occasionally put up personal posts, usually under a read more. I would never ask anybody to not read something I put out there publicly, but if I know you in person could you at least pretend you didn't read it? Please and Thank You.
Sam Harris, on stem cell research. (via bostonwalkforchoice)
John Fugelsang (via setbabiesonfire)
I hate when people who are against abortion say “funny how everyone who is pro-choice had pro-life parents” Actually no, my mother is pro-choice. She just CHOSE not to get an abortion and have me. Because it’s a CHOICE. Believe it or not you can be pro-choice and still choose not to get an abortion.
Like do they assume all people that are pro-choice never have kids?
It’s a complete lack of critical thinking ability.
- A woman in Utah gave birth to twins. When one was stillborn, she was arrested and charged with criminal homicide based on the claim that her decision to delay cesarean surgery was the cause of the stillbirth.
- After a hearing that lasted less than a day, a court issued an order requiring a critically-ill pregnant woman in Washington, D.C. to undergo cesarean surgery over her objections. Neither she nor her baby survived.
- A judge in Ohio kept a woman imprisoned to prevent her from having an abortion.
- A woman in Oregon who did not comply with a doctor’s recommendation to have additional testing for gestational diabetes was subjected to involuntary civil commitment. During her detention, the additional testing was never performed.
- A Louisiana woman was charged with murder and spent approximately a year in jail before her counsel was able to show that what was deemed a murder of a fetus or newborn was actually a miscarriage that resulted from medication given to her by a health care provider.
- In Texas, a pregnant woman who sometimes smoked marijuana to ease nausea and boost her appetite gave birth to healthy twins. She was arrested for delivery of a controlled substance to a minor.
- A doctor in Wisconsin had concerns about a woman’s plans to have her birth attended by a midwife. As a result, a civil court order of protective custody for the woman’s fetus was obtained. The order authorized the sheriff’s department to take the woman into custody, transport her to a hospital, and subject her to involuntary testing and medical treatment.
- And now a woman is being berated for moving cities while pregnant
I’d rather there be one million abortions preformed everyday than one million unloved, unwanted, abandoned children be born every year.
This is so goddamn sad. I’m sorry, but the waiting list for private adoptions is 5 years long— none of those children would ever need to be unwanted.
It’s 5 years long because people want healthy, white newborns. They don’t give a shit about the premee who can live a perfectly fine life. They don’t give a shit about an 18 month old. They don’t give a shit about mixed children.
There are millions of children up for adoption all over the world. The reason that list is 5 years long is because people are pigs and morons.
Here’s a test:
I’m holding a baby in one hand and a petri dish holding a fetus in the other.
I’m going to drop one. You chose which.
If you really truly believe a fetus is the same thing as a baby, it should be impossible for you to decide. You should have to flip a coin, that’s how impossible the decision should be.
Shot in the dark, you saved the baby.
Because you’re aware there’s a difference.
Now admit it
Abortion seems to be the only medical procedure that people want to deny you based on how you got in that situation.
Drove drunk, got in an accident and need an organ transplant? No problem.
Messing around with a gun, accidentally shoot yourself in the leg and need surgery? Of course.
Smoke tobacco for most of your life and need treatment for lung cancer? Yep.
Climb a tree, fall out and break your leg? We’ll fix that right up.
Have sex and get pregnant when you don’t want to be? YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO THIS SITUATION AND YOU DESERVE NO MEDICAL HELP OR COMPASSION! THIS IS YOUR FAULT AND YOU WILL DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES!