This blog is a little of everything and a lot of inconsistency. I am Queen of the Queue and over-tag everything, so don't be afraid to ask me to tag something for you. I am planning a hobbit hole and you should talk to me about your dream house. Also Tamora Pierce. And The Posterchildren. As well as anything that's weighing you down (I am nearly guaranteed to be on your side).
Profile picture courtesy of Raya
what they did with the ages in the harry potter movies really weirds me out
- lily and james died when they were twenty-one. let me say that again. lily and james died when they were twenty-one. the movies made them look like they were in their forties which took away from the tragedy of their really young deaths (I’ve outlived them by five years whaaaaaat)
- I love alan rickman, but let’s break this down. snape is the same age as lily and james and they died at twenty-one and ten years later harry comes to hogwarts. that makes snape thirty-one at the start of the first book. I love alan rickman, but he was in his late fifties when he did the movies
- same with lupin and sirius: david thewlis and gary oldman were in their late forties and it showed
- if sirius went to azkaban when he was twenty-one and got out when he was thirty-four, then he spent more than a third of his life in there
- I think showing them in their thirties makes what they’ve gone through so much more poignant. it really gives the full picture of how young they were to be fighting voldemort and taking on that amount of responsibility
- this is making me want the bbc or hbo to make a tv series and get everything right that the movies got wrong
lilo and stitch: in 1 hr 25 min they show two sisters who have organic, natural fights that spring about from taking stress out on each other, taking grief out on each other, growing up too fast, loss, financial issues and issues with the law. show sisters overcome it with a scifi/fantasy element introduced in the series. sisters spend majority of movie together, their adventure is together and their love is proven through little acts throughout the entire series, even in how they deal with conflict, rather than spoonfed to the audience thru dramatic scenes and magic-induced conflict. dude love interest isn’t someone nani has barely known, he is a good supportive friend who takes an active role in caring for her sister. nani does not in any way prioritize any crushy feelings for him over lilo or her own priorities in life and they also never need to kiss or get a song together or have any overtly romantic stuff going on for people to see they’re special to each other.
frozen: I”’M SorRRY i FUUCKked UP SO BAdd„ I’m TRSHASH.,.„
if loki gets a solo movie before there’s a female lead movie in the mcu I will unhinge my jaw like a snake and literally eat kevin feige alive
#literally what i want #is for them to make a trailer for a ‘loki’ movie #where halfway through the trailer natasha comes in #punches him in the dick #takes the title card saying ‘loki’ and smashes it over her knee #and then writes ‘black widow’ on the screen in loki’s blood #this is it. this is my design
a scene that really bothers me in HBP is when Ginny feeds Harry that pie thing and she is like “don’t you trust me?” and then just feeds it to him all nicely
because I honestly believe that book!Ginny would have said “don’t you trust me?” and then she would proceed to shove the pie in his face and then say “your mistake!” and just like run away laughing her head off and Harry would just be sitting there with pie stuck to his face and a small grin thinking ‘wow this girl is perfect’